So the delightful lady over at Mummy Never Sleeps, has tagged me in two memes. Memes either scare the feck out of me, because I have to think, usually about stuff I don’t think much about, or, they intrigue me in a rather obsessive way. I’m kind of in the middle of those two extremes right now, so for the sake of quality, I’ll post them at a time over the course of two days.
For today’s meme, I’m choosing ”Five Random Facts About Yourself”. I figured that despite the overwhelming amount of mental health and baby stuff I post on here, I never really say anything interesting about me. So, here goes.
Five Random Facts About Me
1. When I was about four years old, I acted out the part of Thumbalina, on stage in the town hall. I have a distinct memory of this, because while saying my piece on stage, in my little white tutu, I promptly proceeded to wet myself in front of everyone. Was I embarrassed Was I heck! I carried on like any professional would do and basked in the limelight…and the smell of urine.
2. I got a job once, editing, proof-reading and typing up the manuscript, of an old man dedicated to meditation and Buddhism He was the most interesting person I have ever met and he inspired me to start writing myself. The manuscript was titled, “Sex, Religion and Meditation”. It was an eyebrow raising read, for a young lady of 20 (at the time). Sadly he passed away while I was on holiday, and the manuscript was never completed, or published.
3. Most of my schooling took place in Newcastle upon Tyne and I hated it. Because I came from ‘down south’, everyone picked on me for my ‘posh’ accent, politeness and my mum’s decision to dress me in leggings. Going to Secondary School there was horrifying. Having almost the entire population of students in the school, turn on you because you decided to become a Goth, in a brief period of rebelling, was disastrous for my grades, stunted my ability to make friends and more often than not, turned violent.
4. Okay, you might already be aware of this one, if you’ve read my about page, but I’ll say it again. I love J.R.R. Tolkien! I mean it, I love him! I love The Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit, Silmarilion, The Children of Hurin and every other flipping book he’s ever written. Those books, are my escape into a world that I would rather be in sometimes. I’ve just finished reading a Biography on him, and my love of him and his writing has increased ten fold.
5. I’m really self-critical about my writing. I’ve started writing so many stories – only to crumple them up/delete them because they weren’t good enough. I desperately want to be a writer and I will write anything, I just need a purpose and a good idea!
So, those were my five random facts. Now I need to tag some of you lovely bloggers, to carry on the meme. I shall choose:
- Post 5 random facts about yourself
- Choose 5 other deserving blogs with less than 200 subscribers to nominate and link their blogs in your post
- Tell your nominees you have chosen them for this award by leaving a comment on their blogs - I’m notifying via twitter instead!
- Answer the 5 questions the tagger has asked you and ask your own 5 questions to the people you nominate – Not doing this one! Five random facts is enough!
- No tag backs